Funny how life is. You keep running from something but once it is gone from your life, you want it back, if only to start running again. The dance never ends. You break up from a non-working relationship but end up with the same person again. Breaking up again, you soon run back to the same person. It goes on and on.
Human beings have always loved pain. You always end up doing what know you know will hurt you. As absurd as it may sound, it seems logical if you seriously consider it. Sometimes, life gets too monotonous; you feel you are merely existing, going through this long road without taking in the scenery around you. That is when you want to feel alive. You can either go sky diving (or wherever else your fear lies), go have some hot-kinky-rough sex (which, mind you, is yet another kind of pain) or you can choose an option more handy and available - get hurt.
Be it physical or emotional, the pain serves to remind you that you are not yet dead. It makes you realize that your poor soul still walks the earth. Maybe, it's for the best to feel the pain - it's for sure better than being an empty shell; a body zombieing through life.
Domination-submission relationships thrive in this masochistic world; one person's urge to be in control satisfies the other's needs to be hurt, to feel the ache. As the Green Day lyrics go, you'll find so many people saying
I love feeling dirty
I love feeling cheap
I love it when you hurt me
So drive them staples deep.
And this is quite a recent number. But check out AC/DC and you'll find some similar tracks there as well. Music, a reflection of the real world, clearly that these sadoistic needs have been there in the society for a while and don't seem to be on the verge of leaving.
The feeling of pain is like achieving a high. Some do it by cutting themselves, a way to escape emotional hurt, to feel an elation from the sight of the deep red blood.
However, there are examples of this in daily life as well. Take, for instance, a runner. Only the first few miles of a run are beneficial to health, the rest is merely to achieve a feeling of euphoria, not unlike the one achieved due to drugs. Soon, the speed, the pain, it all becomes an addiction for him. The same goes for people in so many other fields of life.
Another example, which might not seem too related, is how people love to experience sadness. We watch sad movies, just to be able to feel the pain of the protagonists and be able to cry along with them.
Consider your own life choices. Has there never been a moment when you considered an option even though you know you will end up hurt?
Engulfed in Darkness, a single slash
Made without fear
The flow, the rush
Is like no other pleasure
The dark red colour
Feels so like a treasure
I’m addicted, I’m obsessed
Mere beauty of it so infatuating
I’m fixated, I’m captivated
The fiery surge so intoxicating
Made without fear
The flow, the rush
Is like no other pleasure
The dark red colour
Feels so like a treasure
I’m addicted, I’m obsessed
Mere beauty of it so infatuating
I’m fixated, I’m captivated
The fiery surge so intoxicating
No comments:
Post a Comment